Sunday, November 23, 2008

Our trip to see Santa!

Santa is at the mall already, so we decided to take the kids to see him. We got there around 1 p.m. and of course there is a sign saying Santa will be back at 2. Not good, considering spending an hour in a mall with a 1, 3, and 4 year old is not fun. First we went to the toy store where they had a Thomas track set up and let the kids play there for a while. They did great until it was time to leave and my 4 year kept stalling. Finally I had to go and just pick him up and take him out. He didn't throw a fit though so that was good for him. We then went and rode the overpriced rides they have. 75 cents to $1 for a minute ride. Then the kids ended up seeing the play area so we went over to let them play, I usually avoid this area at all costs but we were running out of things to do while waiting and we only had 15 more minutes so I let them play. They actually did great with the other kids. I have had issues in the past with Jaden not getting along well with other kids at the play area. Brady of course is always mister popular and found a little friend to play with right away. Finally it was time to see Santa! The kids were complaining they were hot because of running around and dropped themselves on the floor. I wasn't expecting a great picture because I figured the kids would be scared. I tossed Jenna up on his lap and she didn't cry but also was not a happy camper and tried to get away from him. Jaden and Brady would not sit on his lap but did stand next to him for a picture. The picture turned out better than expected with the boys smiling and Jenna not crying. I sure was happy to leave the mall after that, next year I will make sure to go on a weekday though because the weekends are so busy and I am just not one who likes a busy shopping experience. I only shop at Wal-mart during the week or late at night so I don't have to witness the madness. LOL!

No comments: